The Mission of the club shall be:
- to encourage and promote the pure‑bred Australian Cattle Dog and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection;
- to encourage the organization of local events that help to promote the versatility of the Australian Cattle Dog, through participation in conformation shows, performance events , and exhibitions
- to urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by The American Kennel Club or the presiding kennel club of the country of the member, as the only standard of excellence by which the ACD shall be judged;
- to do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, companion events, performance events, and other dog-related activities where the ACD is suitable to participate.
- to provide membership with quality resources toward their needs of training and care of their Australian Cattle Dogs.
- to advance the Australian Cattle Dogs health and well-being
- to help local agency's when requested with breed information along with resources that assist in the adoption or care of the ACD when possible. These Breed specific resources are to help the ACD to live a quality life in its community.